All over the blogosphere people have been discussing the new FTC regulations placed on testimonials, celebrity advertisements, and, most relevant to me, bloggers.
While I don't think that I'm the targeted audience for this regulation (I'm guessing they are looking for examples like this, it can't hurt to be open with my readers. My end goal is to establish Stomping on Yeti as a blog that people trust for honest reviews and if there's any shady dealing going on, that can't happen.
I write this blog for a number of reasons:
- To help people find good books by interesting authors
- To participate in the genre community that up-to-now has been a one-sided relationship
- To practice writing (even if it doesn't directly apply to fiction)
- To become more conscious of what I'm reading and why I do or don't like it
- To help promote authors whose work I enjoy (it doesn't hurt that if they are more successful they will write more books)
Nekropolis - 2.5/5
Unclean Spirits - 4/5
The Quiet War - 3/5
But in the interest of maintaining government compliance, I'll keep you informed when I am reviewing a book I didn't buy myself.