Nov 30, 2009

Various and Sundry


Things were quiet here over the holiday weekend. But I wanted to provide a brief update on what's coming up.



So other than copious ammounts of turkey, homemade bread (my favorite), and an assorted array of desert items, I plowed my way through 60 issues of Y: The Last Man. Overall, it left me extremely impressed and I'm not sure how I will structure a review but I expect to post about it in the near future.



I'm also about 80% of the way through M.L.N. Hanover's (Daniel Abraham's) latest Darker Angels. I am enjoying it so far. Jayne feels like a real person, more so than a lot of Urban Fantasy protagonists. Review likely in the next week or so.

Only 7 more days to vote on the Reader's Choice Poll for books to be read/reviewed by End of 2009. Right now the current favorites are Paolo Bacigalupi's Ship Breaker and Scott Westerfeld's Leviathan. If you would like to see something else covered, now's your chance to vote.

I'm not sure if I can create a Top 10 list or not but I should be able to provide my favorite/recommended reads of 2009. I also plan on completing a year end review similar to what I did for my Mid Year Review to assess what kind of books I'm reading by what authors and other potentially interesting tidbits.

I'm also working on the follow-up to Keeping An Eye On which is slowly (very slowly) developing. We will see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...