Jun 27, 2013

Covering Covers - Ancilary Justice by Ann Leckie

Cover Artist: John Harris?

I think I spy a John Harris cover. If not, I still love it. Reminds me of the old vertical scrolling arcade games. As for the book itself, color me interested.

On a remote, icy planet, the soldier known as Breq is drawing closer to completing her quest.

Breq is both more than she seems and less than she was. Years ago, she was the Justice of Toren--a colossal starship with an artificial intelligence linking thousands of corpse soldiers in the service of the Radch, the empire that conquered the galaxy.

An act of treachery has ripped it all away, leaving her with only one fragile human body. And only one purpose--to revenge herself on Anaander Mianaai, many-bodied, near-immortal Lord of the Radch.

Some of you may know Ann Leckie as the secretary of the SFWA (for a few more days at least). As far as I am aware, this is her first novel so if you haven't read a book by a new author (or a female one) in a while, you might want to check it out. Ancillary Justice will be published by Orbit in October. Sign me up!

9 comments:

  1. I came across this cover on another site just now and thought is is very distinctive. Who else does John Harris do covers for? Any you would recommend taking a look at?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these!! I can't wait to try this on my own. Such a fabulous idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed to thank you for this excellent read!! I certainly loved every little bit of it. I have got you book-marked to look at new things you post…

    casio

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this information. i actually like your blog post considerably . you've got really shared a informative and interesting blog post with people..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, I was searching for the information the whole day. Thanks for this

    ReplyDelete
  6. HELLO, I JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU FOR THIS ARTICLE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your article It is very useful us and amazing blog for the users who want to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting, wish to see much more like this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...